dinsdag 7 oktober 2014

Old triple chain stitches

TAST stitch 133 is triple chain stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

This stitch was part of TAST 2010 and I’ve used it a few time after that. Of course I start with some details on my TAST 2010 sampler. The first detail is just a normal triple chain stitch in Stef Francis perle 5. It was the first time I used this thread and it’s still one of my favourites.

If you put the side chain stitches in the triple chain stitch in a different angle you can use it for the stem of a flower. The flower at the left side is done in perle 12. The flower is a buttonhole wheel with 3 rounds of trellis stitches. The stem of the flower at the right is done in DMC Jewell effects.
This last detail on my TAST 2010 sampler is 3 rows of variations on the triple chain stitch. The left one in perle 12 has side stitches pointing to each other to make a closed triangle. The middle one in perle 12 has side stitches pointing away from each other to make a zigzag. The right one in perle 5 looks like bamboo, I made the side stitches on one side pointing up and down. With each of these 3 examples I had to alternate with a chain stitch without the side stitches, because there was no space for them.
My next detail is part of the last sampler I made for TAST 2010 with lots of stitches. The last stitch of the triple chain stitch is secured with 3 pistil stitches. The thread is Stef Francis perle 5.
Here I used triple chain stitch on a seam on my ATC Keiko. I used stranded floss and decorated it with French knots.
My last detail is part of my fabric book page Afrika. The thread is perle 5.
There are more old samples of triple chain stitch from other participants in the Flickr TASTgroup.

8 opmerkingen:

  1. I can see how much you like the Triple Chain Stitch with all these lovely samples. My favourite is probably the floral stems, but the straight line in variegated thread is simple but striking, too. My fingers ich to get started!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I'm looking forward to see what you do with triple chain stitch!

      Verwijderen
  2. this stitch has a lot to offer and you have certainly shown us what to do and how to use it thank you

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I did not stitch them yet - you made beautiful samples again which wil. inspire me probably.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I'm still thinking what to do this time, but it was fun to look at these old samples again.

      Verwijderen
  4. Oooh! I have been looking forward to trying this stitch. When I saw your first photo, I fell in love with the look in variegated thread. Then, I fell in love with your flowers and knew exactly what I wanted to make with this one. I'll be sure to link back to your blog when I share it. Thank you for the inspiration!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I'm glad my old stitches inspired you and I'm looking forward to see your stitches!

      Verwijderen