dinsdag 1 juli 2014

Old woven trellis stitches

TAST stitch 119 is woven trellis stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

Woven trellis stitch is a great stitch to experiment with, so today I share a few of my old projects. Of course I start with my TAST 2010 sampler. You can read about the details in my original post.
This is a detail of my slipped detached chain sampler for TAST 2010. I stitched a woven trellis stitch in the centre. There’s a slideshow here, where you can see how I stitched it.
The wings of the dragonfly on this ATC are woven trellis stitch with 2 threads of DMC satin and 1 thread of DMC Jewell effects. His body is padded satin stitch with 1 thread of DMC antique effects.
This woven trellis pumpkin is part of my quiltie Harvest, which I made 3 years ago. 
I wrote a tutorial for this pumpkin here.
There are more old samples of woven trellis stitch from other participants in the Flickr TAST group.

20 opmerkingen:

  1. I am so grateful that you and Chitra share your old experiments with this stitch. There is always so much inspiration to get from two 'veterans' like you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I always enjoy looking at my old samples before I start stitching again.

      Verwijderen
  2. very much extra special stitchery here today

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Every time I see your photos of your embroidery Annet I say WOW out loud. So colourful and simply BEAUTIFUL always. You even manage to make your subjects look three dimentional. Take care now. Marion x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Woven trellis stitch is very dimensional, so it's easy to make it 3D!

      Verwijderen
  4. This is such a lovely stitch with so many ways it can be used. Thank you for showing them again.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing them again. It's such a great stitch to experiment with.

      Verwijderen
  5. I agree it is so good to see the old samples from everyone and yours are so well made and pretty too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Well, my fuchsia was inspired by your pretty fuchsia, do you remember?

      Verwijderen
  6. Some days ago, on the embroider guild Victoria. Facebook. Posted a sample stitches.. I said that I think those were yours. I have been reading your blog for many years although I never make comments. Except one on stitchinfingers and you responded. I'm curios if I was right or wrong about the sample. Your stitches are always neat and perfect.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I don't know which sample you mean and I cannot take a look. I just don't have a facebook account. But I know there are links on facebook to my blog, I can see it in my stats.I found you on Stitchin Fingers again, love your tree!

      Verwijderen
  7. I love all your beautiful stitches, very nice!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. great samples of this stitch. Thanks for sharing

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen