vrijdag 20 september 2013

Spanish feather stitch

TAST stitch 82 is Spanish feather stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, a challenge at Pin Tangle.

I stitched my rows on 14 count Aida. From top to bottom the threads are perle 5, perle 8 and cotton a broder.
This is a progress photo of the blue row in perle 8. I started the stitch very close to where the thread emerged.
Here you can see how I stitched the green row in cotton a broder. The purple row in perle 5 has the same rhythm, but is twice as big. It inspired me to another experiment, . . .
. . . a beaded Spanish feather stitch. This one is done with perle 8 and 2 mm beads.
Before making a stitch I put 2 beads on the thread. One very close to where the thread emerged, the other at the other side of the needle.
Take a closer look at my Spanish feather stitch sampler here.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. You stitches are behaving very well; I see the cotton a broder is not letting the stitches glide out of place.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. these have worked well and would never have thought of adding beads but think this might just creep into my crazy patchwork now, thanks for the idea.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen