zondag 17 maart 2013

Africa

Africa is Helinä’s theme for the book page swap at Fibre Fever. This crazy ornament was the inspiration for my book page. I partly used the same fabrics, but different threads and stitches: triple chain in perle 5,
spiked knotted cable chain in Caron Watercolours,
diamond stitch in perle 5, 
thorn stitch in Caron Wildflowers,
French knots in 2 threads of stranded floss
and arrowhead stitch inside the Chevron stitch. The threads are perle 5 and cotton a broder.
The big bead came from Africa, I bought it at the Afrika museum last year.
Take a closer look at my book page here.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Je hebt de Afrikaanse sfeer goed weten te vangen in je book page.
    Groetjes,
    Paula

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. You have a great collection of stitches on this block. I especially like the combination of Chevron and Arrowhead. The beads add lots of authenticity and memories. I just love when I look at old cq blocks and remember exactly where the various ornaments came from; lace from grandmother's collection, a charm from that street market, a thriftshop in a foreign city, a button from childhood, a shell from the beach...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. you could not get more African if you tried, wonderful fabrics and lots of interesting stitches too

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I think this looks wonderful. and the variety of seam treatments is great.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen