donderdag 28 februari 2013

New blocks

In the last few weeks I connected the blocks for Karen’s class Embroider, Embellish, Create. I made a total of 5 blocks and they were not enough to make a rectangle. Today I prepared 3 new blocks. The first one has a piece of my husband’s old shirt, the part with the buttonholes.
In the second one I used a piece of a little girl’s dress with lace. In the top right corner is a cuff from my daughter’s old blouse. I like those little loops!
The last block is long and small. At the left side I used the fabric I removed from block 5.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. This reads so lovely a class of Karen. Would my life be a bit calmer I think I would also make it. Very interesting.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. By using fabric from clothes or household textile you build in a lot of memories in your work. Clever of you to select interesting parts like buttonholes and loops. Have fun!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. love all the whites off whites etc they look so delicate

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen