dinsdag 9 oktober 2012

Old knotted loop stitches

The TAST stitch for week 41 is knotted loop stitch. It was the second stitch in TAST 2010. This detail is part of the sampler I stitched at the time. It’s very small, only 1 x 1 cm. The thread is Sulky cotton 30. More details of the same sampler here and here.
The knotted loop stitch is a great stitch for leaves. Here I stitched them in perle 5 on my buttonhole eyelet flower sampler.
This detail is part of my last TAST 2010 sampler. These stacked knotted loop stitches are done in perle 8.
A seam on my crazy ornament Snail in the garden. The thread is Sulky cotton 30, the same thread as my first sample.
This is a detail on my ATC Blueprint. The knotted loop stitch in perle 8 is surrounded by Portuguese stem stitches in perle 5 and 8.
My last detail is on a Halloween ornament I made last year. The knotted loop stitches inside the body are stitched with 1 thread of stranded floss. The original pattern was completely stitched in backstitches.

10 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een verschillende toepassingen. Ik ben niet verder gekomen dan blaadjes ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ich bin hingerissen! Vor allem das erste Beispiel ist unglaublich! 1 cm im Quadrat!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. how I needed to see your samples, struggled with understanding the stitch but you have inspired me to have another go

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. wonderful stitch samples of onspiration. Thanks for sharing.
    Chitra

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Great examples once again of your fabulous stitching. Thanks Annet!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Interesting variations of this stitch. Thanks for the inspiration.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Your creations are always a pleasure to see! Thanks for sharing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. All really lovely examples of the stitch. I like the way you've used the colour in the first sampler.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. love your samples. every one of them.
    you're right this stitch can be scarey . . . i tried making a skeleton . . . i'm not sure how really scarey it is but it did make me smile.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen