dinsdag 17 juli 2012

Old Basque stitches

The TAST stitch for week 29 is Basque stitch, another stitch I use frequently. My first sample is a detail on my TAST 2007 sampler. I stitched a Basque stitch with 2 threads of stranded floss and decorated it with bugle beads and running stitches.
Another sample on my TAST 2007 sampler. Here I used Basque stitch as a filling.
I found lots of examples on my CQ, this is a seam on my ATC Sealife.
This is a detail on my ATC Beaded denim 2-2. I started with some small beads in the centre and stitched Basque stitches around it. Then I added fly stitches with a bead instead of the second part of the stitch.

My last sample is one I made last month. I decorated part of my third EEC block with cable chain and Basque stitches in perle 5.
The complete TAST 2007 sampler is on my Flickr-page.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. these are beautiful! I especially like the delicate finished edging on the last photo - what a lovely way to use the basque stitch

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. They are all nice examples of what you can do with this stitch. I especially liked the filling.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love your use of beading with the stitch.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen