dinsdag 23 augustus 2011

Sumptuous Surface Embroidery 3

This week's lesson for Sharon's class was all about colour. I've done a lot of colour exercises in my journal and share a few of them here. The first one is a complementary page in purple and yellow . . . . . . with a matching stitch sample in Bargello. Just had to try some needlepoint!

The second one is an analogous collage . . .

. . . with a matching stitch sampler in Cretan stitch, cross stitch and straight stitch.

The third one is another analogous collage . . .

. . . with a matching stitch sampler in Ermine stitch.

The last one is a split-complementary collage . . .

. . . with a matching stitch sampler in buttonhole stitches. The border is made of backstitches and running stitches.

These exercises and Sharon's feedback helped me a lot picking my colours for my next design. I hope to start stitching tomorrow.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten