dinsdag 20 april 2010

TAST 1-4

Last Thursday I introduced my first crazy TAST block and now I can show you the embroidery. I made a diamond stitch with yellow perle 5 and I decorated it with some detached chain stitches with 2 threads of stranded brown DMC.This knotted loop stitch is done with 3 threads of stranded DMC color variations.
My beaded Hedebo stitch is a variation of the one I saw here. I added an extra round of stitches and an oval bead in the middle of it.
I made the Portuguese border stitch on large foundation stitches and I made an extra stitch over 2 rungs. Now there are 3 thread next to each other instead of 2.
I decorated this block with a daffodil in organza ribbon. I used a pattern from the book ‘Beginner’s guide to silk ribbon embroidery’ by Ann Cox. The butterfly is made with stranded DMC: detached chain stitches and straight stitches for the wings and a bullion knot for his body.
This block will be the back of the sampler with the first 4 stitches, so now I can finish the first page of my fabric book. There’s a big picture of my complete block on my Flickr-page.

1 opmerking: