zaterdag 27 maart 2010

Portuguese border stitch again

My sampler of the Portuguese border stitch is finished. You can click on the pictures to see the details bigger. The first rows in the next picture are all done in perle 5. The green one is a normal Portuguese border stitch with beads in the center spaces. The purple one is done on large foundation stitches and I made 3 rows of the left side of the stitch. I think it’s a great variation for a basket. The pink one is also done on large foundation stitches, but this time I made an extra stitch over 2 rungs. Now there are 3 threads next to each other instead of 2. It gives a thick line with a big hole in the center.This yellow and blue variation in perle 5 was a strange experiment. I started to make foundation stitches and I made them wider each time. The Portuguese border stitch is done from the outside to the inside. I think this one would have looked much better if I made it bigger and reduced the size of the foundation stitches again on the right side.
My last experiment was just 2 rows of beaded Portuguese border stitches in perle 5 with no space between the rows.
If you want to see my complete sampler, just take a look at my Flickr-page.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Het gele experiment lijkt wel op een ritssluiting en dat is een grappig effect!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love the yellow and blue experiment!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen